Disclaimer: These are generic BASIC technology troubleshooting steps. These should be done prior to more advanced steps in any troubleshooting process.
Basic troubleshooting steps
Restart your deviceRestarting a device is the most common troubleshooting step in IT. If you have not done so already it is a good way to clear any potential cache problems.
- Click on the Windows logo or Apple logo
- Go to "Shutdown" or "Restart"
- Once device turns back on test application again
- Hold down your power button until it asks you to turn off or restart
- Reboot phone
- Test application again
Restart your applicationRestarting your application is another way to clear out caches, logging problems, and glitches that might be going on. If you have not restarted your computer or your application it is highly recommended to attempt it.
- Close application (Web interface, or app)
- Do not just minimize or leave the app running. By not stopping the app or program completely you are leaving the session with the error running and exiting the program and entering it without stopping it will do nothing.
- Restart application
- Test to see if issue the is persistent.
- If it is persistent you know that it was not a random glitch that occurred during your session.
Did you find this article helpful?